NSCA Auth Problem?

Bill Corcoran wcorcor at siue.edu
Fri Feb 13 06:51:27 CET 2004

On Feb 12, 2004, at 2:55 PM, Marc Powell wrote:

> It's really not hidden. In nsca.cfg on your server --
>
> # ALLOWED HOST ADDRESSES
> # This is a comma-delimited list of IP address of hosts that are
> allowed
> # to talk to the NSCA daemon.
> #
> # Note: The daemon only does rudimentary checking of the client's IP
> # address.  I would highly recommend running as a service under
> # inetd instead of as a standalone daemon and using TCP wrappers to
> # limit access.
>
> allowed_hosts=127.0.0.1,<your client ip>

I must shamefully admit you hit the nail on the head.  Somehow I had
overlooked that obvious detail...  Although I also discovered my xinetd
config syntax was off, which is why the xinetd method wasn't working (i
had seperate config files for each nsca process, they had to use
different ports).  thanks for your response, sorry to bug you all with
a "brain fart".

-Bill Corcoran