NSClient (no ouput!) HELP!!!

Ray Ward ray.ward at mapfusion.com
Thu Feb 12 21:53:20 CET 2004

Strange problem, and it's driving me nuts. I want to use NSClient and
check_nt to monitor a few windows boxes in my environment. I've tried
several versions of NSClient, and the corresponding check_nt plugin (both
Solaris binary and compiled from source). I'm running Nagios v1.2 on Solaris
8...from the command line check_nt works fine, as you can see from the
commands below...

# logoff>pwd
/export/home/nagios/libexec
# logoff>check_nt -H 192.168.1.53 -v MEMUSE -w 80 -c 90
Memory usage: total:3125.17 Mb - used: 655.09 Mb (21%) - free: 2470.09 Mb
(79%)
# logoff>echo $?
0
# logoff>check_nt -H 192.168.1.53 -v MEMUSE -w 10 -c 15
Memory usage: total:3125.17 Mb - used: 655.08 Mb (21%) - free: 2470.10 Mb
(79%)
# logoff>echo $?
2
# logoff>

>From nagios however all I get is a WARNING status and (No output!) in the
status information. Below are excerpts from the config files...At this point
I'll take any sugestions, this has me baffled...

define command {
    command_name    check_nt_memuse
    command_line    check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -v MEMUSE -w 80 -c 90
}

define service { ; service Template from Nagmin
    name    nsclient_check_memuse
    service_description    nsclient_check_memuse
    check_command    check_nt_memuse
    check_period    24x7
    notification_period    workhours
    is_volatile    0
    max_check_attempts    3
    normal_check_interval    10
    retry_check_interval    1
    notification_interval    10
    notification_options    w,c,r
    active_checks_enabled    1
    passive_checks_enabled    1
    parallelize_check    1
    obsess_over_service    0
    check_freshness    1
    notifications_enabled    1
    event_handler_enabled    1
    flap_detection_enabled    1
    process_perf_data    1
    retain_status_information    1
    retain_nonstatus_information    1
    register    0
}

define service {
    use             nsclient_check_memuse
    host_name       PIRANHA
    contact_groups  office-admins
}
_______________________________
Ray Ward
IT Technician
MapFusion Technologies Inc.
Tel: 905 - 709 - 1925 ext. 2232
Fax: 905 - 709 - 8907
mailto:ray.ward at mapfusion.com
http://www.mapfusion.com
_______________________________
NOTICE:
which it is addressed; and it, including any attachments, may contain
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete
it from your system without copying or forwarding it and notify us by
telephone (905-709-1925) or by return e-mail immediately. MapFusion Corp.
and its affiliated companies do not accept responsibility or liability for
any loss or damage arising in any way from your receipt or use or for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this communication.