gd2 icons not displayed in statusmap

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Fri Feb 13 00:32:21 CET 2004

I know this has been covered before, but it looks like the sourceforge mailing
list search isn't functioning right now.. and I don't see anything in the
FAQs.. so apologies for the noise.  If anyone has a docs source to send me to,
rather than adding to the list traffic, I'll be happy to receive them.

Basically, the statusmap.cgi appears to not be reading my gd2 images.  No
errors are being generated either, which is making troubleshooting difficult.
I'm assuming that the problem is with my use of pngtogd2, but can't confirm
this.  The Nagios docs recommend using no compression, but there's no
recommendation for chunk size.  Is this likely to be an issue?

Basically, I'm using:

pngtogd2 image.png image.gd2 0 0

I've also tried

pngtogd2 image.png image.gd2 1 0

No luck either way.  I know the extinfo in general is being read, because I'm
seeing icons set in the status info and 3D status map.  The hostextinfo for
the host I'm tesing with looks like this:

define hostextinfo {
        host_name       foo.domain.com
        icon_image      redhat.png
        icon_image_alt  RedHat Edge Server 3.0
        vrml_image      redhat.png
        statusmap_image redhat.gd2
}

The files are also in place:

-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         6423 Feb 12 18:25 /usr/local/nagios/share/images/logos/redhat.gd2
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         1319 Feb 12 17:52 /usr/local/nagios/share/images/logos/redhat.png

Anyone have ideas or docs pointers?

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street, Suite 1110