contact groups in hostgroups versus services?

Scott Machtmes scottm at brocade.com
Fri Feb 13 00:11:00 CET 2004

I am confused.

What is the relationship between the contact_groups in hostgroups and
services?

I have a unix-admins contact group defined in my hostgroups file for
unix-boxes.

I have a PING service defined in Services that includs unix-boxes and
other groups.

Which contact_group takes precendence? In other words if I have
unix-admins, windows-admins as contact_groups in the services file for
PING, will both unix admins and windows admins get notified as the
services file says to do or just the unix admins as the hostgroups says
to do?

--
Scott Machtmes, Sr. Systems Technologist
scottm at brocade.com