High Availability and Nagios

Mark Parker Mark.Parker at beacon.com.au
Wed Feb 11 06:46:25 CET 2004

Hi there,

does anyone have experience with a Nagios installation in a High
availabilty environment, using tools such as "Heartbeat" or "Fake"?

I am looking to create a High Availability/Redundant environment for
Nagios's Monitoring and alert notifications, and am interested to know
if any other Nagios user has setup any type of high-availability to do
with Nagios monitoring and alerting.

>From what I can see, the "heartbeat" tool should provide the
functionality to achieve this, however if anyone has experience with
Heartbeat or another HA tool in combination with Nagios I would love to
hear about it.

Many Thanks

Mark Parker