Notification problem

nagios at acmecargo.com nagios at acmecargo.com
Sat Feb 7 07:46:39 CET 2004

I'm not sure if this made it to the list the first time. I never saw it
come through.

I am having a problem getting my notifications working. I see the service
notification go through on the log but I never see the message being sent
through the outgoing mail log file nor do I get the email of course.
Feb  6 17:39:15 src at sysmon nagios: SERVICE NOTIFICATION:
contactname;temp_probe1;Central DC temp;WARNING;notify-phone-by-email;Temp
Warning: Probe 3 = 71.1 F

I can send a message manually simulating what is in my misccommands.cfg.
The actual line says:
/usr/bin/printf "%b $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ $SERVICEDESC$ $HOSTALIAS$
$SERVICESTATE$ $DATETIME$ Info:$OUTPUT$" | /bin/mail -s ALERT $CONTACTEMAIL$
I try the following:
/usr/bin/printf "This is a test" | /bin/mail -s "Test Subject" user at domain.com
and I see it process in my mail log and I receive the email.

Why is it that Nagios is logging the Service Notification but it is never
submitted to the local sendmail daemon?

Dylan