Nagios in the Enterprise

Neil neil-on-nagios at restricted.dyndns.org
Fri Feb 6 03:59:04 CET 2004

I know you guys have setup nagios in your enterprise. I have actually just
finished nagios last Tuesday and the managers where impressed about it. I
was actually demoing it using netmeeting and one of the techguy who joined
the conference call turned off a service. Nagios showed off it's ability. :)

So much for this. I am planning to create another proposal which will show
how a Distributed Nagios server can be used in the enterprise. My question
is that, assuming I have deployed 4 distributed nagios and 1 central, do I
have to repeat a host/service monitoring that is being monitored on
distributed nagios server1 on the other distributed nagios servers? Can you
guys give me some bullet points on what to watch out for when deploying
nagios in this kind of scenario.

Thank you very much.

NAGIOS REALLY ROCKS!!!

Btw, just got mssql check using freetds driver :) Embracing opensource with
close technology

Neil