maps with restrictive client views

Michael W. Oliver michael at gargantuan.com
Thu Feb 5 23:22:22 CET 2004

Hey folks!

I have a setup that I am working on to restrict the view for a subset of
users, and everything looks good to me except the map.  I prefer to use
the circular marked-up map, and though the restricted can only see their
hosts, they can also see the entire marked-up map.  All of the 'cells'
for the entire map are drawn, green or red, and the cells are empty.
The fact that the cells are empty is a good thing, since those hosts
don't belong to this client, but I only want the map to show the cells
for the hosts that this client is allowed to see.

Here is a picture of what the client sees:

http://michael.gargantuan.com/images/nagios_map.png

Am I making myself clear?  Thanks for your help!

--
Mike
perl -e 'print unpack("u","88V]N=&%C=\"!I;F9O(&EN(&AE861E<G,*");'