Database storage

Daniel Jimenez DanielJ at avatar-cs.net
Wed Feb 4 23:40:00 CET 2004

All,

I'm a bit confused I've been reading that some think it's a bad idea to
store some data in databases and that this will be removed in 2.0. Are we
talking just hostextinfo or even status/downtime?

If status/downtime will continue to have the ability to be stored in a
database then I may recompile my nagios install to dump
status/downtime/availability data to mysql instead of text log files. My
goal is to be able to easily manipulate the data since it is in a database.

Thanks,
Daniel Jimenez
Avatar Computer Solutions, Inc.
Network Support, Voice / Data Cabling, and Internet Services
256 N. Sam Houston Parkway E. Suite #268
Voice: 281.999.1300
Fax: 281.999.7070
Web: www.avatar-cs.net