web interface problem

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Dec 22 18:14:02 CET 2004

lot!

You don't need to restart httpd after making configuration changes to
nagios but you DO need to restart or reload the nagios daemon for it to
recognize the changes.

Could you possibly have multiple nagios processes running? Stop the
daemon, use ps to see if there are any that remain and kill them if
there are and then restart the daemon.

In the 1.x train, the CGI's read the config files in real time so any
changes you made should have been visible to the CGI's immediately (but
not the daemon; they're independent components). Since you don't say
what specific details aren't changing it's difficult to speculate what
the problem really is. If the suggestion above doesn't provide relief,
please give us more details on what changes you made exactly, what isn't
showing in the CGI's and any appropriate config snippets as well.

--
Marc