Apache 2.0.52 mod_ssl MSIE statuswrl.cgi not loading

Shawn Iverson shawn at nccsc.k12.in.us
Wed Dec 22 00:11:36 CET 2004

I made the following changes as a partial work around for this issue.
It isn't ideally what I wanted since statuswrl.cgi is no longer
encrypted, but at least every thing else is.

I added a Files directive below to exempt statuswrl.cgi from requiring
SSL:

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/local/nagios/sbin/
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin/">
    Options ExecCGI
    AllowOverride None
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from 127.0.0.1
    Allow from x.x.x.x/x
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Nagios Web Access"
    Require user xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    AuthPAM_Enabled on
    AuthPAM_FallThrough off
    SSLCipherSuite -all:SSLv2:+HIGH
    <Files "!(statuswrl\.cgi)$">
        SSLRequireSSL
    </Files>
</Directory>

I then edited side.html in the nagios shares directory and changed the
relative hyperlink to a full hyperlink in order to change it to http
instead of https:

href="http://10.32.1.40/nagios/cgi-bin/statuswrl.cgi?host=all"
target="main" onMouseOver="switchdot('statuswrl-dot',1)"
onMouseOut="switchdot('statuswrl-dot',0)" class="NavBarItem">3-D Status
Map</a></td>

The only problem is that any links out of the vrml world into nagios are
broken because relative hyperlinks are generated within the
statuswrl.cgi.

I think that perhaps a better solution would be to use the RewriteEngine
in apache to modify the relative hyperlink so that side.html does not
have to be changed and statuswrl.cgi hyperlinks get rewritten to
https:// instead of http://.

Shawn Iverson
Technology Associate
MCP W2K3S and W2KP, Linux+, Network+, A+
New Castle Community School Corporation
shawn at nccsc.k12.in.us