Partly solved: Unable to display monitoring in Web page

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Dec 21 16:00:50 CET 2004

Luc Roseberry wrote:
> Thanks,
> That's where I've been for the last two days (on-and-off on that problem).
> Still trying to find what's wrong.
>
> MandrakdeLinux comes with Apache-PREFORK-AdvancedExtranetServer.
> Also I'm on Cooker (latest rpm versions). I know that apache_mod_ssl is
> installed (2.0.52-4) but it is not in the configured known modules (and
> re-configuring it from WebMin does not work)

I'm not surprised. The list of things that doesn't work when attempted
from webmin would fill quite a large book. Try shell access for a
change. You'll want to add a line like
LoadModule ssl_module modules/lib_ssl.so
in your httpd.conf. modules/lib_ssl.so is supposed to point to that
file, so you might have to edit it slightly, although most dists I've
come across have a symlink from the server_root to the modules directory.

>. And the /var/cache/httpd/mod_ssl is not present (should be I think).

/var/cache is supposed to be cache (it's aptly named). CGI's don't get
cached by default, and certainly not by the webserver, since the whole
idea of CGI's is to generate dynamic content.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer