Nagios 1.2 w/MySql

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Dec 20 15:39:43 CET 2004

Brian Sudis wrote:
> Background:  Nagios 1.2, RH AS 2.1, Dell PE 1650.
>
> I've been running a for quite a while with no problems and just recently
> recompiled with support for MySQL.

If it aint broke don't fix it. ;)
Nagios 2 does away with (native) database support, so you might want to
revert back to save yourself the trouble when you upgrade later.

> Now I am getting the error from the web interface "Warning: Monitoring
> processes may not be running!"
> I follow the link provide to get more info, and am presented with process
> information page.
> The process information page shows green across the board with the exception
> of a warning
> indication at the bottom of the page for Process Status.  Comments provided
> for Check
> Command Output: "Nagios problem: located 8 processes, status log updated
> 1103551368 seconds ago."

That's your problem right there. The CGI's expect Nagios to update the
status log a little more frequently than once every 35 years. I suggest
you change the check_nagios command to something else to work around
this (or revert back to using files).

> None of my web interface commands are available.  I am showing status
> changes in servers
> and services, and alerts are being sent out.
>
> Any suggestions as to what I may have blown up when I recompiled for mysql?

Anything, really. In case you happened to update Mon Dec 20 13:02:48
GMT, I suspect the check_nagios command you're using uses the last
update time as the time since the last update (which is a bit silly). In
that case the check_nagios command should be fixed, which I'll leave as
an exercise to you.

> Thanks,

You're welcome.

[ list info and disclaimer cruft removed ]

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer