unable to get cgi authentication to work

Qolinar qolinar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 18:46:23 CET 2004

I'm a bit embarrassed to post, but I'm having difficulty getting cgi
authentication. I'm new to Linux, Apache and Nagios. I've tried
reading up on the FAQs. I've edited httpd.conf, nagios.cfg and cgi.cfg
but I can't seem to get it working. I'm trying to schedule an
immediate check of a service (PING to a router) and I get the default
"Sorry Dave, I can't let you do that..." message.

I'm running SLES 9 and Nagios 1.2 and I'm not sure what version of Apache.

Can someone PLEASE help a desperate man??

Thanks in advance.