Unable to display monitoring in Web page

Luc Roseberry luc at roseberry.ca
Fri Dec 17 15:13:48 CET 2004

Nagios Version 2.0a1
OS : Linux MandrakeLinux 10.1
rpm from MandrakeLinux.

Pointing my browser to http://localhost/nagios gives me the "home" page.
Clicking on one of the monitoring links (like Tactical Overview) gives me:
Error: Could not read object configuration data!
Nagios is running. I am receiving email with alert messages as defined in the
contacts.cfg file.

Last line in my httpd.conf file:
Include conf/nagios.conf

Here's my conf/nagios.conf file:
<- - - -  NAGIOS.CONF listing starts here - - - - ->
ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin /usr/lib/nagios/cgi/
<Directory /usr/lib/nagios/cgi/>
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "nagios"
    AuthUserFile /etc/nagios/htpasswd
    <Limit GET POST>
      Require valid-user
    </Limit>
</Directory>
Alias /nagios /usr/share/nagios/
<Directory /usr/share/nagios>
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "nagios"
    AuthUserFile /etc/nagios/htpasswd
    <Limit GET POST>
      Require valid-user
    </Limit>
</Directory>
</- - - -  NAGIOS.CONF - - - - ->

BTW, /usr/lib/nagios/cgi exists and is containing the cgi files
and /usr/share/nagios exists and is containing the html files.
The Nagios configuration files are in /etc/nagios.

My cgi.cfg contains: url_html_path=/nagios (as I point my URL to
localhost/nagios)

Here are the last lines from nagios.log:
[1103292273] Nagios 2.0a1 starting... (PID=23861)
[1103292273] LOG VERSION: 2.0
[1103292273] Finished daemonizing... (New PID=23862)

Any idea why I get that error message?

Thanks,

Luc Roseberry