Problems installing check_mssql

Rimbert Rivera rrivera at comtex.com
Thu Dec 16 18:12:57 CET 2004

First off, I thought I read on a Google search that check_mssql was in
the contrib directory of the Nagios plugins but it wasn't there (I
installed 1.3.1).  Even the extra plugins did not have it.

We have another RH9 Linux box (setup up by a consultant that is no
longer with us) that has check_mssql and is working properly.  I copied
that file to the RH9 box that I am installing another Nagios install on
and when I tried to run it, it gave me errors about DBI.  I installed
perl-dbi.  Then it complained about DBD::Sybase.  I tried to install
DBD::Sybase but it can't find the Sybase libraries.

I don't even know where the original check_mssql plugin came from.  I've
searched for it and only found check_mssql.sh, which is a different
version I believe.  If I could download check_mssql with install
instructions, I think I can do it.  We need check_mssql so we can run
stored procedures on our SQL server that checks the health of our
internal app.

Any suggestions?

I consider myself a Linux newbie and I've been doing most of this
through WebMin, if that matters.

- Rim

Rimbert Rivera
Manager, Information Technology
COMTEX News Network
rrivera at comtex.com
(703) 820-2000
Discover more about COMTEX at: http://www.comtex.com/
This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
Any review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail
by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender
immediately and delete the material from any computer.