notification

Michael Hüttig Michael.Huettig at Medien-Systempartner.de
Wed Dec 15 09:00:14 CET 2004

Am Dienstag, 14. Dezember 2004 19:36 schrieb Jason Martin:
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 07:32:50PM +0100, Czabai Gabor wrote:
> > criticals and warnings. But i dont want to recieve them , i need only
> > one, which tells me, that the network is down. Is it possible, or i have
> > to recieve all of them?
>
> Check the Nagios manual regarding the 'parent' directive in the
> host defintions. Nagios can send just one notification for the
> issue.
>
> -Jason Martin
Hi,
reading the docs i suggest that parent directive is only for displaying
correct in status-map.cgi, if you don´t want the notifications for hosts
behind other hosts, you have to configure host_dependencies, but please
correct me if i´m wrong ...
--

Regards

Michael