Processing SNMP Traps in Nagios

Westlake, Simon simon.westlake at twcable.com
Thu Dec 9 16:13:57 CET 2004

Just to add a little bit more information to this:

What I'm trying to do is as follows. I have a box monitoring various switches that have chassis for fiberoptic equipment connected to them. The equipment works on layer2 and can't be monitored directly. The chassis will send SNMP traps to my box upon a state change for the equipment connected directly to it.

I want to be able to add these pieces of layer2 equipment (or, at least add the chassis) to my nagios status map and receive notifications on a state change for the layer2 equipment.