Processing SNMP Traps in Nagios

Westlake, Simon simon.westlake at twcable.com
Thu Dec 9 15:56:31 CET 2004

Hello,

I'm looking to be able to passively monitor some devices in Nagios using SNMP Traps. I read http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/int-snmptrap.html which details a good method of doing it. However, snmptrapd and nagios are running on the same box and I'm not sure how to pass the traps to Nagios without using ncsa.

What is the simplest method of doing this?

Thanks!