hosts dependancies not working [Virus scanned]

Ralf Gross Ralf-Lists at ralfgross.de
Tue Dec 7 18:07:37 CET 2004

strombrg at dcs.nac.uci.edu schrieb am 06.12.2004 20:09:23:
> You might try my "deep-ssh" script for monitoring services behind a
> ton of firewalls:
>
> http://dcs.nac.uci.edu/~strombrg/deep-ssh.html
>
> Your last ssh in the deep-ssh chain can do a "check_by_ssh", or just
> run the final nagios plugin directly, I believe.lieve.

The problem is that we/I don't have a linux box behind every firewall.
The firewalls are usually checkpoint boxes and not in my
responsibility. For some hosts we want to check, I have to traverse
networks where I can't even ping a switch or router. I'll have to live
with some "black holes" where I just can monitor the host/server in
the other network.

Ralf