$HOSTADDRESS$ in notes_url in hostextinfo

florian.beese at infoconsult.nu florian.beese at infoconsult.nu
Mon Dec 6 15:14:05 CET 2004

Hi,

I have a problem using the macro $HOSTADDRESS$ in the hostextinfo
configuration with Nagios 1.2 (on SuSE Linux 9.1).

I wanted to use the $HOSTADDRESS$ macro as a part of the notes_url, in order
to connect to the monitored machine via VNC. My Problem now is, that the
macro does not contain the IP address as expected, but the IP-Address
devided with %2e instead of normal dods.

When I put the mouse over the link the information in the status bar of the
browser looks right, but when I follow the link (click) the address in the
address-bar of the new opened window contains "%2e"s instead of normal dods.
This ofcourse can also be seen in the generated HTML-Code of the status.cgi.

My configuration of hostextinfo looks like the following:

define hostextinfo{
	host_name		prince
	notes_url		http://192.168.10.18:5800
	icon_image		windows_pc.gif
	icon_image_alt	Silke's Rechner
	vrml_image		windows_pc.gif
	statusmap_image	windows_pc.gd2
	2d_coords		140,90
	3d_coords		180.0,90.0,40.0
}

define hostextinfo{
	host_name		mogli
	notes_url		http://$HOSTADDRESS$:5800
	icon_image		ids_server.gif
	icon_image_alt	Arbeitsplatz und Nagiostestrechner
	vrml_image		ids_server.gif
	statusmap_image	ids_server.gd2
	2d_coords		80,90
	3d_coords		100.0,40.0,20.0
}

The upper one works well, because its hard coded (doesn't contain the
macro). The lower one instead has the effect described above.

upper hostextinfo link: http://192.168.10.18:5800/
lower hostextinfo link: http://192%2e168%2e10%2e12:5800/

I searched the documentation and mailinglist archieves for info about this
issue, but did not find any. So I don't know, if this is a bug or not.

Thanks in advance!

regards
  Florian Beese