Mail response time

Jamie Roughan jamie.roughan at mizuho-sc.com
Tue Dec 7 07:43:53 CET 2004

Jan said,
...RTFM?
And then repetitively ...read the fu**** manual
Jan, thankyou for the intelligent reply. Very helpful.

As you may imagine, I have already read the documentation, several times.
The parameteres in services.cfg that you referenced
max_check_attempts
   normal_check_interval
   retry_check_interval
   notification_interval

Seem not to decrease the 5 min wait for an email notification.
Currently my max normal & retry are set to 3,5,& 1; although I have tested
other settings with results that differ minimally. The notification interval
is set at 120 on some services & 100 on others, less than 3 digits Seems to
cause errors. Differences between 120 & 100 are not noticeable; thus my
inquiry. Kindly share your settings, and take some deep breathes. ;  /

Go nagios!