R: services check stale

Jan Scholten Jan.Scholten at iconz.net
Wed Dec 1 22:21:33 CET 2004

> -}> 1) reduce the "stale" situations
> -}Increase the freshness_threshold
>
> I did not find freshness_threshold parameter neither in the nagios.cfg file
> nor in hosts/services configurations file.
> I did not find it in the manual too ... sorry, may you tell me where I can
> find it?
> Regards?

Which version are you running?

chewbacca:/usr/local/nagios/etc# cat nagios.cfg| grep freshness
# check the "freshness" of service results.  Enabling this option
# Values: 1 = enabled freshness checking, 0 = disable freshness checking
check_service_freshness=1
# check the "freshness" of service check results.  If you have
# disabled service freshness checking, this option has no effect.
freshness_check_interval=60

so it's in the nagios.cfg and in services you can add
         check_freshness                 1
         freshness_threshold             600

read the documentation, it is there..
http://your nagios host/docs/xodtemplate.html