Nagios release schedule

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Dec 1 08:31:15 CET 2004

Michael Henry wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    I have just downloaded Nagios and am in the process of configuring,
> but whilst looking for plugins to download I noticed that the most
> recent
> plugin package is more than a year old!

Not really. The most recent CVS snapshot is available at
http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/snapshot. It's quite stable, but I
strongly suggest that you run ./configure with the --disable-nls option.

> The latest plugin package is labeled "1.4.0alpha1". From this I would
> assume, and the release notes confirm, that these plugins are not
> suitable for production use. Is this correct?

Yes. The latest snapshot is quite stable though.

> I ask because the fact that this is the most recent package implies
> that it has been found stable enough that a bugfix-release was not
> necessary.

Not quite stable, I'm afraid. It is, after all a great many programs
that are supposed to run on a great variety of platforms. Bugs are
inevitable, even if they are only portability bugs.

The snapshot plugins (from link posted above) should work more or less
properly though.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer