CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Dec 1 00:56:40 CET 2004

Nathan Oyler wrote:
> Last message on the subject.
>
> The problem was, I wrote a perl script to add the ip address to the
> allowed hosts line, and added a space at the end.
>
> The script that takes that information in grab's *
>
> "int is_an_allowed_host(char *);"
>
> If you have an extra space, it won't work. I've changed my perl script
> to remove the space before the newline, and everything is fine.
>
> If I am correct in diagnosing the problem, I'd suggest that someone
> change that line to intelligently grab charcters ignoring whitespace.

It's done in the current version (which I promise to put up for download
as soon as I've removed the PKI code from it).

The intermediate fix would be
sed -i 's/[\t ]*$//' nrpe.conf
sed v4.0.9 or later is required for the -i switch. I believe 4.1.1 is
the first to not clobber the old file without mangling its
ownership/permission settings.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer