"Could not parse arguments " on check_nt

nagios at mm.quex.org nagios at mm.quex.org
Tue Aug 31 01:09:53 CEST 2004

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 02:22:52PM -0700, Jack M wrote:

> Thanks for your help. I re-compiled the nagios plugins
> and after a couple of attempt, I can now get reults
> from Check_nt plugin but only on the command prompt.
>
> Unforfotunately I cannot get the same to work from
> nagios.  I still get the UNKNOWN status and status
> information:
>
> "Could not parse arguments"
>
> Current Status:   UNKNOWN
> Status Information: Could not parse arguments
>
> define service{
>         check_command    check_nt_disk!C:!90!75
>          }
>
> Anyone ever sorted a similar problem before?

I haven't, but there's a few things you should fix.  I'm not sure
if any of them will help, but you never know.

Firstly, the plugin expects a single letter for the drive - my
version doesn't even allow "C:", so try changing it to just "C".
Since it does work from the command line this probably won't help
anything.

Secondly, the warning and critical thresholds are given as the
percentage of disc space used - so your setting of 90% and 75%
is a bit odd (over 75% is critical, but over 90% is only a warning?)
so try swapping those around.

Finally, double-check the $USER1$ macro points to your plugin
directory, and try running the command as the Nagios user (su nagios).