"Could not parse arguments " on check_nt

Jack M mwanikij at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 23:22:52 CEST 2004

Thanks for your help. I re-compiled the nagios plugins
and after a couple of attempt, I can now get reults
from Check_nt plugin but only on the command prompt.
for example:

/usr/nagios/libexec/check_nt -H 10.14.0.19 -w 75 -c 90
-v USEDDISKSPACE -l c:

Return : (c::\ - total: 7.83 Gb - used: 6.34 Gb (81%)
- free 1.49 Gb (19%))

Unforfotunately I cannot get the same to work from
nagios.  I still get the UNKNOWN status and status
information:

"Could not parse arguments"

Current Status:   UNKNOWN
Status Information: Could not parse arguments

command and service files are:

# 'check_nt_disk' command definition
        define command{
        command_name check_nt_disk
        command_line $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$
-p 1248 -v USEDDISKSPACE -l $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$ -c $ARG3$
        }

and

define service{
        use
generic-service
        host_name                       SRV0021
        service_description             Drive_C_Space
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            2
        contact_groups                  srv-admins
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,w,r
        check_command
check_nt_disk!C:!90!75
         }

Anyone ever sorted a similar problem before?