Nagios 1.2 und Nagmin 2.2 Installation - Instruction

Pete Dewell pete.dewell at volteurope.com
Fri Aug 27 14:38:01 CEST 2004

You don't need to compile Nagios in any special way, Nagmin is just a
way of storing the Nagios config in MySQL tables, and a neat(ish)
web-based Nagios configuration tool.

Install Nagios as you want, then install Nagmin, and follow the
instructions in Nagmin to change the config files that Nagios uses in
nagios.cfg. It's reasonably straightforward. If you have an existing
Nagios config, Nagmin will import it into the databse, so that's ok.

One point that I found with Nagmin, (not sure if it's the same in the
current version). If you are using event handlers, Nagmin by default
doesn't have an event_handler field in the tables, you need to add one
manually for the services table. It works fine once you've added the
event_handler field, but I lost all mine when I initially switched to
Nagmin. (Must admit I didn't read the docs though, so it may be
mentioned in there :))

Pete Dewll

--

Technical Support/Analyst