Not getting email alerts

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 26 20:57:07 CEST 2004

--On Thursday, August 26, 2004 11:10 AM -0700 Joe Rhett <jrhett at meer.net>
wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 11:05:29AM -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>> Yeah, and I've noted to more than half a dozen people that explanation
>> doesn't follow, given my configuration.
>
> And you want us to debug it for you, remotely, for free.
>
> Why don't you apply your supposed 10 years of sysadmin experience and
> actually debug it?
>
> among other things, build a small nagios install and test.  If you read
> the docs you'd realize that you can run multiple instances of nagios.

Interestingly enough, I got myself a machine to do just that on yesterday,
hopefully I'll get it tracked down today.

Basically I still see this as a bug in Nagios, and not in configuration.
You see it as a problem with configuration, and not a bug in Nagios.
However, all advice I've been given about possible configuration problems
(host escalations, notification intervals, etc) haven't had any bearing on
what I'm seeing, since the suggestions didn't match my configurations.

But you are right, I don't want to pay money to have someone come back and
eventually tell me, oh hey, you're right, there's a bug in Nagios.  Maybe
you are right it is a bug in the configuration somewhere.  Either way, I'll
report what I find.  I'm going to start with the basic Nagios configs
first, and see what happens.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount