monitoring router-interfaces

Alexander Schaefer samogonka at gmx.net
Thu Aug 26 07:59:07 CEST 2004

Hello,

after some suggestions and explainations from Andreas and Garry i have
properly tested both plugins: check_ifstatus and check_ifoperstatus in my
current environment. I have decided to use the plugin CHECK_IFOPERSTATUS,
alltough it is more difficult: for each router i will check with it i have
to define the special "IfIndex value" for target interface, which might be
different from router to router.

The reason for this desision is that CHECK_IFSTATUS does NOT check the
ppp-interfaces! And that is not fully compatible to my envinronment: i have
some routers with WAN-interfaces configured with ppp-encapsulation.

Thanks again!

Alexander Schaefer