what if event handler failed?

Kelvin Wu kelvin.wu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 06:55:22 CEST 2004

thanks Jason,

it's a good idea to fix the problem on CRITICAL SOFT state, and next
question is, does nagios has enough time to finish the event handler?
because some event handlers may take 1 or 2 mins to finish.

i have 3000 services right now,
interval_length=60
max_concurrent_checks=100
inter_check_delay_method=s

normal_check_interval 5
retry_check_interval 1
max_check_attempts 4

CRITICAL SOFT 1: do nothing, just want a double check
CRITICAL SOFT 2: event handler, fix the problem
CRITICAL SOFT 3: do nothing, give enough time to event handler
CRITICAL SOFT 4: OK, means problem fixed by event handler, or
CRITICAL, means event handler is not finished or failed, send alert.

how does nagios schedule retry_checks taskes? does event handler has
exactly 2mins or more(less) to execute accroding to my configuration?

thanks.