check_ifoperstatus does not work !!

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Aug 25 18:43:29 CEST 2004

Zac Israel wrote:
> Since this is currently a hot topic, I have the script working at
> the command line fine, but nagios displays Critical, (No Output!).
>  I have searched the archives and found nothing usefull, I tried
> adding SERIAL in front of the output, as well as /n at the end to
> start a new line.  Still the same problem, I have found the suggestion
> of running nagios in debug mode and am going to try that now, just
> curious if anyone knows the answer to this problem so I can be lazy ;)

Run it as the nagios user and redirect output destined for stderr to
/dev/null, like so;

check_ifoperstatus (options) 2> /dev/null

If you get no output, then Nagios sees no output, and you will have to
modify some of the plugin code to make sure it puts at least SOME
message to stdout.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer