Nagios 2.0a1

steven.grzywinski at superior-group.com steven.grzywinski at superior-group.com
Wed Aug 25 17:19:48 CEST 2004

We're implementing 2.0a1 and I'm really missing two features that I
thought we're part of this realease... I've looked through the docs but I
know they're not complete so I'm hoping someone can enlighten me...

1) Line continutation... I'd rather list my hosts like this:

host1,
host2,
host3

rather than host1, host2., host3

can we do this?

2)Regular expression matching... I have standard matching enabled but get
complaints from verifiaction when I try to use a '*' or '?'... for
example... we have lots of Domino servers... I want in the hostgroup
definition do something like:

hostgroup{
        hostgroup_name          domino
        alias                           domino servers
        members                 sg_radnor_n?
        }

instead of:

hostgroup{
        hostgroup_name          domino
        alias                           domino servers
        members                 sg_radnor_n1, sg_radnor_n2, sg_radnor_n...
        }

But like I said.. nagios -v complains....

Thanx for any help....

steven grzywinski, cto
superior group, inc.
radnor, pa 19087