check_ifoperstatus pluggin doesn't work

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Aug 24 22:41:14 CEST 2004

RODRIGUES, Adenilson Roberto wrote:
> hi !
> i trying to use the "check_ifoperstatus" pluggin and when a try to run
> manually it returns the following message :
>
> 32', 'OCTET_STRING', 'NULL', 'OBJECT_IDENTIFIER', 'IPADDRESS',
> 'COUNTER', 'COUNTER32', ...) called at check_ifoperstatus.OLD line 40
>         main::BEGIN() called at /usr/share/perl5/Net/SNMP.pm line 40
>         eval {...} called at /usr/share/perl5/Net/SNMP.pm line 40
> OK: Interface Ethernet0 (index 4) is
> up.debianspark:/usr/local/nagios/libexec#

This seems more to be perl's doing than the plugin, unless an ungodly
number of debug messages has been added to the code and you accidentally
happened to check it out of cvs before the developer realised his/hers
mistake.

You can try removing any perl debug options from the file (i.e.
#!/usr/bin/perl -wT turns to #!/usr/bin/perl).

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer