Error: Host status information not found

Ben Moir ben at abuzz.com.au
Tue Aug 24 06:35:03 CEST 2004

To whom it may interest,

I am running Nagios 1.2 on Debian linux. The system has been operational
for over 1 year and I have successfully upgraded from a 1.1 install. I
have 47 hosts in the hosts.cfg configuration and 203 active checks
running. I am using the template based configuration method.

Recently I noticed some of the hosts I have added do not appear on the
cgi pages. In addition the host's services do not appear on the Serivce
Detail page. I have checked my config files and can not see any syntax
errors. The problem is isolated to all the hosts I have added recently.
I was experimenting with the web based config editing tools like Nawui
when hosts started going missing. Since then I have recreated all the
configs from scratch.

When a cgi page is reloaded several times in a browser the hosts
eventually appear in the list. If I try and open one of the problem
host's status information page I get the following error: "Error: Host
status information not found!". If I reload the host status page several
times the data is eventually displayed.

I can send screenshots as it is easy to reproduce.

Has anyone else seen these intermittent errors? It looks like a
corrupted database or a glitch in the system.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. I have been hitting the
wall with this issue for far too long so its time to get help.

Regards Ben