serviceextinfo setup and links off of service detail

Pierce Chuck Chuck.Pierce at HCAHealthcare.com
Mon Aug 23 23:52:55 CEST 2004

You've got to love when you ans your own questions...  But, since I found it
I figured I would put it out there so other people can see as well (just
because I saw that other people on the list were experiencing similar
problems)...

My problem was this:
I did not compile nagios with --with-default-extinfo flag (see
<http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xeddefault.html>)

Solution:
I used the template based extended information instead (see
<http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xeddefault.html>).  I put the line
xedtemplate_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/serviceextinfo.cfg in my
cgi.conf and created the file /usr/local/nagios/etc/serviceextinfo.cfg with
the following:
define serviceextinfo {
        service_description             /
        host_name                       localhost
        notes_url
/cgi-bin/show.cgi?host=$HOSTNAME$&service=$SERVICEDESC$
        icon_image                      graph.png
        icon_image_alt                  View Graphs
        }

And it worked :)

So, hopefully this may help out someone else.

cheers

- Chuck