checking for reboots of a host (perhaps via SNMP/uptime?)

Gregg Strickland gstrickland at live365.com
Sat Aug 21 07:29:28 CEST 2004

Maybe put something in cron that sends a heartbeat to Nagios for a passive
service check called REBOOT saying everything is ok, then put an init script
that tells that same service that it is critical.  You would get the log
that it was critical showing a reboot, then the heartbeat would come along
and reset the status for you.

There might be a better way, but that's just off the top of my head.....