Windows evenlog

Gregg Strickland gstrickland at live365.com
Fri Aug 20 05:21:18 CEST 2004

I haven't use nrpe_nt for event logs it yet, but it does have plugins for
it.

The specific one I've found is in nrpe_nt_plugins.zip and called
eventlog_nrpe_nt.exe.

here is the usage for it:

NRPE_NT Plugin, Eventlog
Optionally Specify which service/eventid to IGNORE when they generate
errors in the event log and how far back in time to look

usage: eventlog_nrpe_nt.exe -m minutes <-s "exluded service,..."> -i
<"exluded eventid,..."> Do not include unnecesary white space it will not be
removed
example: service_nrpe_nt.exe -m 20 -s "NRPE_NT,..." -i "7011,..."
example: service_nrpe_nt.exe -m 7200

When I run it as a test I get the following output:
C:\Program Files\nrpe_nt\plugins>eventlog_nrpe_nt -m 20
No new warning or critical messages in eventlog for last 20 mins

You would use this with the check_nrpe plugin on the nagios server with
nrpe_nt on the windows client.

You can get the nrpe_nt client and plugins here:
http://support.tsmgsoftware.com/ (once you register you can download)

The specific plugin that I found was this one:
http://support.tsmgsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?t=201

Hope that at least points you in the right direction.

-greggs