Running Nagios commands from a script...

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Wed Aug 18 17:06:25 CEST 2004

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 08:54:30AM -0400, TIM MOORE wrote:
> I want to run some nagios check commands from inside a shell
> script.  If I run them via command line inside my script, is
I'd first suggest continuing to troublehoot why the plugins
aren't working from Nagios.  Common problems include pathin
issues, permission problems, and library issues.

If you really need to run the checks from a script, then look
into the NSCA addon. It lets you submit results from externally
ran scripts into Nagios. To make this work you'd have to run the
check command and return the output of it to Nagios via
send_nsca, utilizing the proper format.

-Jason Martin
--
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
This message is PGP/MIME signed.