Running Nagios commands from a script...

TIM MOORE MOORET10 at ODJFS.STATE.OH.US
Wed Aug 18 14:54:30 CEST 2004

I want to run some nagios check commands from inside a shell script.  If I run them via command line inside my script, is there a way to tell nagios to email a certain nagios defined contact if the result is below the warning or critical level?  I know nagios does this when run through the host or service definitions, but I had problems running checks against all of our servers through nagios.  I can script it to work properly, but still want the notifications to work.  Do I have to send my own emails from the script depending upon the results or can nagios be triggered to send the email?

Thanks,

Tim Moore
DNS/Linux/Cisco Admin
ODJFS