[Nagios-users]

Sam Stave sam_stave at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 16 22:57:14 CEST 2004

Jeff,

I can run the command by hand and get the same result:

I posted on this earlier but still havent found the
issue. I run the check_by_ssh command by hand and it
drops back to command prompt with two blank lines.
When Nagios actually runs the command it states
"plugin returned no data"

I have actually been able to run it and get data on
CLI - but get no data when run by Nagios....

Here is my previous post;

I am attempting to do the following with check_by_ssh
- and it doesnt seem to work:

from the nagios server:

./check_by_ssh -l nagios -H 10.x.x.x -C
'/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w 10 -c 8 -p /'

If I run this manually - it prompts me for the
password, then just drops back to a prompt.... so I
get no return of data....

if i actually run the entire command manually -
meaning  log into the remote host via ssh as the user,
and then run the check_disk cmd - it works fine.... so
i know there isnt some sort of permissions issue
etc...

----

Someone had mentioned that I needed to get ssh keys
set to do this. I did that but still got the same
result - dropping back without any data returned.

Thanks

Sam