Biggest Problem with Nagios: Poor Setup/Installation

joost at informatiefabriek.nl joost at informatiefabriek.nl
Mon Aug 16 21:00:16 CEST 2004

I installed the rpm files on a Redhat 9 machine and used the sample config
file (minimal.cfg) and it was up and running in a few days.
I visit some forums like http://forums.square-box.com/ and read the
documentation from nagios.org

don't give up and good luck ;)

Joost Saanen

Jason Martin <jhmartin at toger.us>
Sent by: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
16-08-2004 20:40

nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
cc

Subject
Re: [Nagios-users] Biggest Problem with Nagios: Poor    Setup/Installation

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 01:34:04PM -0500, C. Bensend wrote:
> > If the developers of Nagios can work on the above and get that
polished,
> > they will have a very good tool that a lot more people will be using.
> > Until then....we'll leave it to those that have lots and lots of time
One thing that I think would be helpful is to include a working
runnable configuration, perhaps just checking localhost. That
way an everage user can download the software, install the
'sample config' and start it up and have it be operational.

-Jason Martin
--
If it's not your banana, don't eat it.
This message is PGP/MIME signed.