Nagios-MySQL Status Map User Supplied?

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Sun Aug 15 10:45:14 CEST 2004

Jan Rasche wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a problem with the Debian Nagios-MySQL package.
> As it is the MySQL version, the hostextinfo's are defined in the
> Nagios DB hostextinfo table and not in the hostextinfo.cfg anymore.
>
> But the 'User-supplied Coords' Layout Method is not working at all
> and shows up:
>
> 'You have not supplied any host drawing coordinates...'
>
> But Nagios is for example recognizing the images for the routers
> and switches defined there in the hostextinfo table and uses it
> in the service details.
> Also if I set Layout Method: 'Collapsed tree' in the cgi.cfg I got
> a map displayed with this images.
>
> Any idea how to get this Layout Method: 'User-supplied Coords' up
> with Nagios-MySQL?

You need to define the x and y drawing coordinates in the mysql table.
'User-supplied Coords' means just that, that the user (you) have
supplied coordinates for where every host on the map is supposed to be.
It's really cumbersome though, so if I were you, I'd probably just give
it up right on the spot.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer