First Host State Assumed (Faked Log Entry)

lhill at groupit.com lhill at groupit.com
Fri Aug 13 22:19:40 CEST 2004

Someone started blocking icmp to a host we were monitoring. Once we
noticed this, we switched over to check_tcp on a listening port. Now, when
I look at the availability for this host, if I include any time since the
icmp first starting getting blocked,  I see only "indeterminate"
indications. The log files show: First Host State Assumed (Faked Log
Entry)

Is there a way to force Nagios to recognize the server is up?

Also, how do I get it sufficient data? As it is, the "undetermined"
section of the availability log shows "Insufficient Data" for a period of
over 9 days. This is longer than it took to get over the blocked icmp
issue, so why is it complaining? Can it not gather sufficient data if we
use check_tcp, rather than check_host?

Lance Hill
GroupIT
Tel.: 416.703.2896 ext. 107