Not Parallelizing

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Wed Aug 11 05:33:18 CEST 2004

Try recompiling Nagios and running it as a foreground process after
you run the configure script with the following argument:

./configure --enable-DEBUG3

This will cause a lot of debugging info to be printing regarding
scheduled host and service checks and should help provide some
insight into the problem.

On 10 Aug 2004 at 12:13, Chris Gill wrote:

> Hello all. I™ve got a frustrating and elusive problem with Nagios.
> It™s not parallelizing the checks, and I can™t figure out why. I™ve
> seen some other posts about this in the list archive, but there didn™t
> seem to be any response. Hope it™s not too dumb a question. J In any
> event, we™re planning on replacing one of our monitoring systems with
> a beefier box to handle all the things customers have asked us to put
> on. I™ve built the new box and moved over the nagios config from the
> old box verbatim. The old system parallelizes just fine, but the new
> one doesn™t. Max_concurrent is set to 0, letting Nagios do it
> automatically, but setting it to an actual number (nagios “s suggests
> 84) doesn™t help. The services all have parallelize_check enabled. I
> can™t for the life of me figure out what™s going wrong. Both systems
> are intel-based Linux boxes, although the new one is dual processor.
> Is it possible that™s causing it trouble? Any guidance would be
> appreciated, as it would prevent further hair loss on my part.

> Christopher P. Gill, Systems Engineer, New World Apps
> cgill at newworldapps.com 703-856-7268 (Cell/Business)

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---