Not Parallelizing

Chris Gill cgill at newworldapps.com
Tue Aug 10 18:13:33 CEST 2004

Hello all. I've got a frustrating and elusive problem with Nagios. It's
not parallelizing the checks, and I can't figure out why. I've seen some
other posts about this in the list archive, but there didn't seem to be
any response. Hope it's not too dumb a question. :-)
In any event, we're planning on replacing one of our monitoring systems
with a beefier box to handle all the things customers have asked us to
put on. I've built the new box and moved over the nagios config from the
old box verbatim. The old system parallelizes just fine, but the new one
doesn't. Max_concurrent is set to 0, letting Nagios do it automatically,
but setting it to an actual number (nagios -s suggests 84) doesn't help.
The services all have parallelize_check enabled. I can't for the life of
me figure out what's going wrong. Both systems are intel-based Linux
boxes, although the new one is dual processor. Is it possible that's
causing it trouble?
Any guidance would be appreciated, as it would prevent further hair loss
on my part.

Christopher P. Gill, Systems Engineer, New World Apps
cgill at newworldapps.com
703-856-7268 (Cell/Business)