Host Detail viewing permission problem

Demetri Mouratis dmourati at cm.math.uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 27 19:24:44 CEST 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Michael Teter wrote:
> For example, when I go to Host Detail or Service Detail, I get "It appears as
> though you do not have permission to view information for any of the hosts you
> requested..."

You need to edit cgi.cfg to add nagiosadmin in the authorized_for_*
options.  Here's mine:

[root at sysmon etc]# grep auth cgi.cfg | grep -v ^#
use_authentication=1
authorized_for_system_information=nagiosadmin
authorized_for_configuration_information=nagiosadmin
authorized_for_system_commands=nagiosadmin
authorized_for_all_services=*
authorized_for_all_hosts=*
authorized_for_all_service_commands=*
authorized_for_all_host_commands=*

Note the =* above means any authenticated user.

Demetri Mouratis
dmourati at linfactory.com