Host Detail viewing permission problem

Michael Teter michael_teter at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 27 19:17:50 CEST 2004

Howdy.

Long ago I had Nagios working on another system, but now I'm trying to get it
working again on a new machine.

I've built from latest stable source Nagios and Apache2, and I think
everything (including monitoring) is working EXCEPT that I'm unable to view
any useful information on the CGI pages.

For example, when I go to Host Detail or Service Detail, I get "It appears as
though you do not have permission to view information for any of the hosts you
requested..."

My user is "nagiosadmin".  Apache2 is doing basic auth, and that works.
nagiosadmin is defined as the user with access to each of the sections listed
in cgi.cfg.  use_authentication=1, but I've also tried with with 0.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Michael