Monitoring Redundant path routers

Samuel Petreski petreski at ksu.edu
Mon Apr 26 20:22:06 CEST 2004

Peter,

Thank you very much for replying to my post. I thought of using SNMP traps
in order to be able to accomplish this, but what if the interface of the
Router goes down to which I send the SNMP traps? Nagios than is going to
think that the whole Router is down, which is not correct.

If I send traps to Interface 192.168.0.10 on Router 3, and that interface is
down, the router is not necessarily down, only the that interface.

--Samuel