Problem updating configuration

Chris Wilson chris at netservers.co.uk
Mon Apr 26 14:11:18 CEST 2004

Hi Vincent,

> In my Nagios I changed my hosts.cfg config file and I modified the
> notification_enabled from 1 to 0 for many hosts. And I restarted thinking the
> changes could be applied but not. How can I solve this problem ?

You mean you are still receiving notifications for hosts being down, when
notifications for that host are disabled? If so, then please check that
you don't have old Nagios processes (from before the reconfiguration)
still running.

I think that you will still receive notifications for services being down
even if the host notifications are disabled, unless you disable
notifications for the services as well.

Cheers, Chris.
--
 / __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson -- UNIX Firewall Lead Developer |